- This is an acute viral infection spread by the bite of an infected mosquito. The severity of the infection may vary but it is potentially fatal in 5%. There is no specific treatment for Yellow Fever.
- Certain countries, in tropical Africa and South America, require compulsory Yellow Fever vaccination supported by a valid International Certificate of Vaccination, either for travellers to their country or if arriving from an infected area. Please discuss your travel details with our practice nurse.
- The vaccination is a single dose giving immunity for ten years.
- The vaccination and certification incurs a private charge as the NHS do not cover this service.
- Our cost for the consultation, vaccination and certification is outlined in our travel related private fees guide.