Stephanie Hatcher, BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing, joined the surgery in May 2017. Stephanie is a registered general nurse who is looking to further her nursing experience within a General Practice setting. Stephanie has a background in acute medical and surgical nursing including experience in Intensive/critical care. Her most recent role was working in a community nurse led hospital in Australia. This autonomous role provided additional experience in both an aged care facility and an acute unit with an urgent care facility. Stephanie will be providing general practice nursing care in her full time position.
The practice nurse’s role is very varied and can include general treatment room duties (e.g. dressings, injections and ear care) as well as nurse-led clinics in health promotion (e.g. women’s health, prevention of Coronary heart disease and child and travel immunisations) and chronic disease management (e.g. diabetes and asthma care).
- Blood pressure checks for patients on treatment for blood pressure (usually 6 monthly)
- Repeat prescriptions and checks for patients on hormone replacement therapy
- Repeat prescriptions and checks for patients on contraceptive pills
- Emergency contraception
- Contraceptive injections
- Well man or well woman check. (If you think you are well and want to have some basic checks done as well as healthy lifestyle enquiries)
- Travel plans for getting the best health protection if you travel abroad. Please come 6 weeks before you travel
- Over 75 health checks Patients over the age of 75 are invited to have a general check on their health every year. This is to check on health and general welfare and is particularly important for those living alone and have not seen a doctor or nurse in the previous year
- Advice on all aspects of healthy living. Diet advice, help with stopping smoking etc.
- Cervical Smears
- Stitch removal.